Newham's Ageing Well Strategy
In 2021 and 2022, we spoke to more than 1500 local people to understand how older residents rate Newham as a place to grow older, how they feel about existing services and priority areas for improvement to make Newham a place where everyone can age well.
Using this feedback, and in partnership with the NHS and voluntary and community sector organisations, we have co-designed a new, multi-agency strategy to support residents aged 50+ age better.
Ageing Well Resident Advisory Group
Our resident advisory group is a group of around 40 residents who are working with Newham’s Public Health team to give advice and feedback on how we can improve services for residents aged 50+.
The group meets every 3 months to discuss a wide range of topics.
If you are a Newham resident aged 50+, you can get involved by:
- Joining the Ageing Well Strategy Resident Advisory Group
- Applying to be Ageing Well Co Chair of the Resident Advisory Group
- Applying to be a resident co-chair of The Ageing Well Strategy Delivery Board
- Signing up to receive information about Ageing Well services, activities or events via email or text.
If you work or volunteer in a local organisation, your organisation can get involved by:
- Signing up to the Ageing Well Stakeholder Forum
- Working with us to deliver one or more actions in the action plans, including joining a Working Group
- Signing up to be on the mailing list (email) to hear about Ageing Well news and opportunities
For more information or to get involved in any of these ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 02033730730
(Mon – Wednesdays 10-2pm)
Newham is working with the Centre for Ageing Better to become an accredited Age Friendly Community.
This is a formal commitment to actively work towards Newham becoming a great place to grow old in, for all residents.
This is done with the support and engagement of older people and relevant colleagues who work in Newham.