What are vapes?
How vaping can help you quit smoking?
Is vaping harmful to you and people around you?
Side effects of vaping
How do I vape safely?
Pregnant people and vaping
Young people and vaping
Support to stop vaping
If you are looking for support, Newham Rise is here to help you to stop vaping.
Newham Rise helps residents of all ages who are using drugs, alcohol and / or vapes.
They have a team of experts who can support someone to reduce their use, stop, or understand how to do things more safely.
Support to quit nicotine vaping
If you have been vaping for a long-time and are sure you will not go back to smoking, you should also work towards quitting vaping.
Tips to reduce nicotine vaping:
- Reduce frequency of vaping overtime
- Slowly reduce the strength of nicotine within the e-liquid
Do not rush this step. You should only reduce your vaping frequency and nicotine strength when you feel ready and know for sure you will not go back to smoking.
Quit Well Newham can provide Newham residents 12 years old and above with free advice and support to quit. The service is run by Queen Mary University of London who have many years’ experience in delivering stop smoking services.
The service offers:
- Direct support and quit plan from a trained practitioner for up to 12 weeks.
- Weekly Nicotine Replacement Therapy and Electronic Cigarettes.
- Telephone and/or digital support with free access to the Smoke Free app
- Face-to-face support available at a location near you.
- Support is available in English, Bengali, Urdu, Gujrati and Lithuanian. BSL Support is also available.